Top tips for Skin & Face Care in Winter
With the onset of winter, many of us start searching for ways to avoid any skin trouble. Without proper care, skin faces the harshness of the winter and gets either too dry or too dull - leaving you frustrated.
Here are some tips to help you take proper care of your face during winter season:
1. Cleanse regularly: Wash your face at least 2-3 times during the day and make sure you do a deep cleanse before going to bed. To avoid dryness, use cotton and cold milk.
2. Scrub weekly: You need to use a mild product to scrub your face at least 1-2 times every week.
3. Tone regularly: Skin secretes more oil during winter and therefore you need to tone your skin more frequently.
4. Moisturize daily: Use almond or extra virgin olive oil to moisturize your skin daily before going out in the cold.
5. Hydrate your skin: Lock in your skin moisture by using homemade face packs. Find packs with ingredients such as almond oil, honey, avocado, buttermilk, yogurt, olive and jojoba oil, aloe etc.
6. Drink water regularly: Stay hydrated by sipping water regularly throughout the day as skin tends to lose more moisture during winter.
7. Use sunscreen: Even during the winter, make sure you apply sunscreen on your skin before going out.
8. Say no to fried food: Avoid cheesy, sugary or fried food since the body goes through a lot to break these down and you tend to lose more energy that way.
9. Eat healthy: Bulk up on fruits and juices containing Vitamin C, A and E to build up your immunity and boost your vitality.
10. Don't clog your pores with damp makeup: Use make up with only light and dry ingredients.
Here is to a happy skin and a happy winter for you!